Skilled Criminal Defense In The McKinney Area
Being investigated or charged with committing a crime in Texas, especially when you did not commit one, is a very serious, overwhelming and stressful experience. If you have been charged with a crime, it is important that you hire a skilled criminal defense attorney to assist in keeping a bad situation from being much worse than it needs to be.
The Game Plan
At NO Law Firm, PLLC, you can expect exactly what you deserve from your attorney – a dedicated, competent, honest and knowledgeable lawyer who will provide you with an aggressive defense. We will explore every aspect of your case and meticulously review every piece of evidence. Call us or send us a message now to schedule your free consultation.
What’s At Stake?
The Texas Penal Code classifies crimes into two broad areas – misdemeanors and felonies. Within these areas, different levels of seriousness will determine the potential punishment one could face if convicted. Below, you can find the ordinary maximum punishments for each classification when the individual is over 18 years old at the time the offense was committed.
- Class A (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 12.21.): Fine not to exceed $4,000 and/or jail term of no greater than one year
- Class B (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 12.22.): Fine not to exceed $2,000 and/or jail term of no greater than 180 days
- Class C (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 12.23.): Fine not to exceed $500
- Capital felony (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 12.31.): Life in prison without parole or death
- First degree (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 12.32.): Fine not to exceed $10,000 and either life in prison or prison term of between five and 99 years
- Second degree (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 12.33.): Fine not to exceed $10,000 and prison term of between two and 20 years
- Third degree (Tex. Penal Code Ann. §1 2.34.): Fine not to exceed $10,000 and prison term of between two and 10 years
- State jail (Tex. Penal Code Ann. §§ 12.04, 12.35.): Fine not to exceed $10,000 and state jail term of between 180 days and 2 years
Reach Out Today For Experienced Legal Help
Nii Amaa Ollennu wants to make sure you know the potential penalties and the options available to you. He provides skilled legal advice in McKinney and surrounding communities. Call NO Law Firm today at 469-983-6973 or fill out our online contact form for a free consultation.